People with a common purpose are powerful.
Like many others, we are, at Vision Platform, intensely focused on the rapid changes happening in our world because of COVID-19. And as this virus spreads in new and unexpected ways, our first concerns are for human safety.
The challenges we face feel overwhelming. We worry about our own health and that of our friends, family, and co-workers. As the effects of the virus spread locally and globally, physical, emotional, and financial uncertainty are causing us to reach deep for courage and the support of others. Our team shares the fear, loneliness, and uneasiness created by this pandemic.
We also want to share our hope. During the past few weeks, we’ve witnessed how people united around a cause become their best selves and flourish. It’s not going to be easy, but as we apply our collective knowledge, ingenuity, resources, and passion, I am convinced we will overcome the effects of COVID-19.
At times, we feel there is little to do but wait because we’re not medical suppliers or health care workers. But for those of us who guided people through the economic upheaval of the last few decades, we understand that now, more than ever, it is imperative to be strong leaders to help our organizations survive and recover fast.
Leading in times of crisis requires a mix of characteristics that are difficult to harness, even when your business is at its strongest. Grit and empathy. Agility and decisiveness. Creativity and rigor. Generosity and fierceness. We need to bring our “A” game to each moment, inspiring and drawing inspiration from teams all around us. If we can, we will all find a way through this together.
We want to let you know that we are here for you. Xavier Pereira, our COO, has published an action plan to address COVID-19 as well as recommendations on communication in times of crisis. It summarizes the priorities we need to address with our organizations:
- Address the immediate challenges that COVID-19 represents to your workforce, customers, suppliers, and business partners. Ensure all stakeholders are safe and healthy.
- Address near-term, cash-management challenges. Implement strategies and measures that safeguard your company performance potential, sales, net assets, and liquidity.
- Create a detailed plan to move from the crisis of today to the new normal that will emerge after the battle against coronavirus has been won. You need to be proactive on this matter.
What will it take to navigate this crisis, now that our traditional metrics and assumptions have been rendered irrelevant?
We can grow together by staying curious and open to learning from one another. At Vision Platform, I’ve seen more connection, collaboration, and sharing across our virtual community than ever before. COVID-19 is teaching us that the only way to maintain pace in the digital economy is to embrace a culture of continuous evolution. For this journey, we need a structure that helps us assess our vision, our business models in the face of crisis, and the disruptions and industry shifts.
How can we help you?
We have been researching and testing how to strengthen the core business in times of disruption, specifically how organizations adapt to new realities. The key is to mobilize with a team that is ready, focused, and prepared to move fast, while ensuring that every employee is 100 percent committed to delivering on company objectives. As an organization you must:
• Understand the fast-moving disrupters and the implications for your core business.
• Ensure everyone is pulling together in the same direction – priorities, culture, and processes.
• Reduce leadership misalignment by uniting the senior team around strategy.
• Prioritize the highest potential growth opportunities.
• Create a customer experience that helps you to retain your existing customers and navigate the turmoil.
• Identify and pursue game-changing ideas to accelerate growth.
What can you do now?
See if Vision Platform fits your needs. We’ve spent our careers developing structured workflows online so your team can unify quickly, generate a strategy, and adapt to new realities as they arise. Our software is available to you and your entire team online. We’ll be there to help you every step of the way.
If you feel you have a unified future strategy, you can utilize team sprints to execute efficiently and:
• Create a purpose-driven organization
• Align the marketing strategy to the new market context
• Design the customer experience that retains your customers
• Optimize your growth opportunity
Our approach is highly collaborative and completely online. It’s a structured and customized workflow with a real and lasting impact. It will inspire your team and help them create a future vision and execution plan that will make your organization more resilient than ever.
During this time, we are offering our leadership alignment evaluation session at no cost.
This session requires a one-hour commitment from your leadership team. They will fill out a short survey and participate in an engaging online meeting led by a Vision Platform expert. You’ll evaluate exactly where your leadership team is aligned and where it is not. This is the starting point for designing the next evolution of your business